Friday, June 20, 2008

Dummies Daily Index

On my completion of the Traceroute and Ping tasks (ping is in draft and on its way), I felt that although I had managed to log my recordings, deep down I didn't really get the gist of when you would use such an application. Feeling a false sense of security I googled the subject as 'When to use Traceroute' and found an Indiana University Knowledge Base site that gave good explanation in terms that I felt easy to understand.


Link after link the understanding of pings, packets and what is the Internet became clearer.

Better Yet:) I googled Traceroute for dummies and came across "Dummies Daily Index".

This one is great! Short descriptions of everything relevant. I love it, take a look:)


"Is there anybody out there" (sing it like Timberland) that can give an example in everyday life on their use of Traceroute and Ping:)

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Hi Zoe
The Dummies website is really good, there are quite a few terms that I have tried to put a definition to and couldn't, but this site does it well. Good work on finding it!!
And no I haven't worked out when I would use either a traceroute or a ping.
cheers Gaynor